Dienstag, 27. März 2012

Yale University



Hello, students!
Have you ever heard about Yale University? I want to tell you some words about it.

Yale University is an American private Ivy League research 



university located in New Haven, Connecticut



Yale is a very prestigious school and is one of the eight schools that make up the Ivy League. It is steeped in tradition and has had a great impact on collegiate learning in the United States. While being ranked the third best college in the United States, there are also 5 fun facts you may be interested to know.




1. Yale was founded in 1701 as the Collegiate School at New Haven by some clergymen who wanted to establish a college to train clergy and religious leaders throughout the colony. These clergymen were alumni from another prestigious school...Harvard.



2. In 1718, the name of the college was changed to Yale. This was to honor Elihu Yale, who was a governor of the British East India Company. He donated a crate of goods to help the young school.



3. The most prestigious of Yale's societies is the Skill and Bones secret society. Its members have included George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, William Howard Taft, and John Kerry. There have been many conspiracy theories surrounding the organization. They have been blamed for everything from the Kennedy assassination to the creation of the nuclear bomb.




4. The class of 2013 has a wide variety of students. There are students that have lived or worked in over 70 countries and can speak and speak over 35 languages. Their former occupations include everything from a combat correspondent and a professional magician to a marionette maker and advisor to the Korea Ministry of Finance and Economy.





5. Before the civil war, it was a campus crime to express disbelief in the bible or express profanity towards the Sabbath.






Would you like to study there? Do you think that it is easy to enter this University?





If you like the information, you can read Wiki-page about  Yale University in Russian.




You can learn more about Yale  on this site.




You can see a slide of presentation.
With respect ,Olga Rocheva

9 Kommentare:

  1. Hello, this University is very prestigious and I'm sure it would give me a good start for my future career. I thik the biggest difficulty for foreign students to enter the University is to pass all the necessary international tests well enough to be enrolled.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hello, Olga! I think, it is not easy to enter this university, because it is one of the prestigious, and, I think, there is a stiff competition and the rules of admission of students are strict. I' d like to study there, because it gives good opportunities for the future.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello! I've never heard about Yale University before. But I read some of your works and found out a lot of information. Of course, I'd like to study there but I think it's rather difficult to enter it.

      Löschen
  4. Hello! In my opinion, it is rather challenging to enter this university, like any institution of Ivy League. I suppose I'd like to study there if I could afford it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hello,Olga! I have not heard about Yale University before, so I decided to read your works. I find them very interesting. I have found all useful information which I looked for. As for me, I would like to study there. It is one of the greatest universities in the world!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hello,Olga.I think that it is very diffucult to enter Yale University,especially for foreign students,because it is one of the prestigious university in the world.I'd like to study there.But I think that it would be difficult to enter it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hello,Olga!I read your information about Yale University with real interest. And I'd really like to study there.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hello! To my mind, the most difficult thing about entering Yale University for a foreigner is passing language tests successfully. And I think it would be hard enough to study there as it's one of the best institutions. But it would be very interesting at the same time.

    AntwortenLöschen