Montag, 9. April 2012

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

 Hello, everyone! Would you like to know some interesting facts about Massachusetts Institute of Technology? I hope, you would. It's a private institution covering more than 145 acres (58 hectares) in Cambridge, Mass. The campus borders the Charles River and overlooks downtown Boston. Its buildings range from neoclassic to modern structures, some designed by noted architect I.M. Pei. Among the sculptures and other artwork throughout the campus are creations by Alexander Calder, Henry Moore, and Louise Nevelson.

Known for its excellence in engineering and scientific research, the institute contains many specialized laboratories. There are five academic schools—the School of Architecture and Planning, the School of Engineering, the School of Humanities and Social Science, the Sloan School of Management, and the School of Science—and the Whitaker College of Health Sciences and Technology. But MIT's notably economicspolitical science, urban studies, linguistics, and philosophy are also strong.Besides, research at MIT aims to develop innovative solutions to the world’s most daunting challenges, from addressing the energy needs of tomorrow to improving cancer therapies.
Isn't it impressive? If you have a chance to study there, what spe
cialty would you choose?

4 Kommentare:

  1. Hello, Dasha! The building of the Institute is very unusual! It is like something dreamlike! I wish to look at it life!If I had a chance to study there, I would choose linguistics.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hello,Dasha! It was very interesting to learn some information about this Institute as I've never heard about it before. In my opinion, Massachusetts Institute is very modern and well-equiped. Of course its buildings have a very impressive look. If I have a chance to study there, I would chose the School of Architecture and Planning besause it's really interesting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hello, Dasha! Thank you for your information. I have never heard about Massachusetts Institute before so it was interesting for me to learn something new. No doubt,I am eager to study there. I think, I would choose the faculty of Information Technologies because nowadays they are very popular and we can't do without computers.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hello, there is no doubt that it's a very prestigious Institute and I'd like to study there very much, but I'm afraid that receiving education is rather expensive since it's a private institution. I'm likely to be interested in Social Science, because it could be useful for me to master the language such a way.

    AntwortenLöschen